Acting As An Executive Coach
Credential Earned: OLN-EXEC1 (Executive Coaching Level 1)
“Transformation” coaches have been told and in fact sold the idea that: if you can facilitate, if you can teach, and you can mentor, and you can coach, you are all set. This is simply not the case. Facilitating, teaching, mentoring and coaching is not enough.
To counsel executives, they must first have confidence in you, and view you as a trusted adviser. Without this kind of relationship with executive leaders, all coaching is a “local optimization” that cannot and will not change the wider system. THIS course introduces you the essential and missing element to your coaching skills: acting like an executive coach.
To counsel executives, you must be perceived as a knowledgeable, trusted adviser. Getting there is not simple, and involves study, preparation, execution and follow-through on a wide range of essential skills in verbal and non-verbal communication.
This course teaches those skills, and how to leverage them to gain access to executives. The result is a real opportunity to manifest system-wide change by influencing executive decision-makers. This course includes a strong emphasis on acting skills, and acting concepts such as Acting Theory.
Who Should Attend
- Transformation and organizational coaches currently working at the Team level
- Scrum Masters
- External and internal Agile Transformation Leads
This is a 12-hour class. The sessions are 3.0 hours each.
- Preparing for executive coaching
- Executive leader psychology
- Internal/External Coach psychology
- Non verbal communication: movement, clothing, gestures. Eye contact
- Acting out the role of executive coach
- Acting concepts and facilities
- Advanced acting concepts: Acting Theory
- Coach-Client interactions: the effective protocols
- Books, links, resources for deeper preparation and study
What You Will Learn
- Upon conclusion of this course, you will understand many of the most important adjustments you need to make to work at the next level in organizations. You’ll know tools and techniques for becoming perceived as a trusted adviser to highly authorized executives in organizations pursuing organizational change.
Students receive several resources, including:
- Checklists for preparing to communicate with executives; each covers a domain area of concern as you prepare to interact and ultimately coach executives
- Book lists and links to resources on the web that deepen learning
- 30 days of email support (Q&A support) from the instructors
About the Instructors
Peter Fischbach is an executive Scrum coach and trainer, located in Berlin, Germany. Together with Scrum co-creator Jeff Sutherland he teaches teams and executives in Germany. Within the Scrum Events network, Peter is co-chairing the German Scrum Day, Germanys oldest and largest Scrum conference. Scrum Events established eduScrum Germany in 2016, where Peter is an active team member. Peter worked more than ten years as a stage actor and acting coach. He trained actors how to adopt a new mindset every six weeks and helped them to discover their most vibrant personality on stage. As a Scrum Coach who works at the executive level, he now helps other coaches to develop their presence and have more impact.
Coaching executives and teams since 2006,DANIEL MEZICK is a ScrumAtScale Trainer, an expert on business agility, and an author of three books on organizational change. A frequent keynote speaker at industry conferences, Daniel’s list of clients include Capital One, INTUIT, Adobe, CIGNA, Pitney Bowes, SIEMENS Healthcare, Harvard, and dozens of smaller enterprises.
His first pioneering work on culture was published in 2012. THE CULTURE GAMEdescribed 16 specific patterns that extend Agile ideas across the organization, beyond software. In 2014 he built upon those patterns and formulated the OpenSpace Agilitymethod. “OSA” is a flexible template and engagement model for enabling lasting change in your organization. Daniel is the primary author of the OPEN SPACE AGILITY HANDBOOK, published in 2015 with several co-authors. In 2018 Daniel co-authored INVITING LEADERSHIP: Invitation-Based Change in the New World or Work™. Upon publication, this book reached #1 on the Amazon bestseller list in the Organizational Learning category.
Daniel’s enterprise consulting practice is built upon the core concepts found inside these books. He conducts workshops based on these books, and also offers enterprise Agile coaching, Agile training programs for teams, and management consulting. You can learn more and contact him at www.DanielMezick.com.