Credential Earned: OLN-INVITE1 (Inviting Leadership Level 1)
“Transformations can’t be accomplished without others helping voluntarily, & people don’t help unless you engage them first.”
-GEOFFREY A. MOORE, author: Crossing the Chasm and ZONE TO WIN
Engaging employees is essential to achieving rapid and lasting change, and invitations from leaders are a primary way to engage the workforce. The challenge is in how to safely and pragmatically balance the use of delegation and invitation to achieve the desired outcomes. Exactly how to do that is the focus of this class. If you are responsible for delivering on business agility through an agile or digital transformation, or if you provide consulting to those who do, this is your class.
Business agility is no longer optional. Rapidly accelerating change, driven by technology, is disrupting the world of work and redefining the game of leadership. Slow-moving, top-down leadership styles are less and less effective with each passing day. The successful leaders of today are finding ways to engage the entire workforce and focus the attention of the whole enterprise on higher performance. These leaders are pivoting their style from delegation to invitation.
INVITING LEADERSHIP is your roadmap for implementing Invitation-Based Change™ in the new world of work. This class shows you how to leverage genuine invitation to engage the workforce, and generate the positive business outcomes that come from self-managed teams. INVITING LEADERSHIP shows you how to do more with less.
With this 1-day class, you will learn how to safely and pragmatically transform your leadership style, and your results.
“Transformation occurs through choice, not mandate. Invitation is the call to create an alternative future.“
Who Should Attend
- Company leaders and decision-makers;
- Professional coaches & consultants who help facilitate Agile and digital transformation;
- PeopleOps and Human Resource professionals.
- Eight hours online or one full day in a classroom
- Fundamental concepts and facilities of leadership invitation
- Understand the link between delegation, invitation, employee decision-making, and genuine business agility. Learn when to use delegation, invitation or a mix of the two approaches
- How to use invitations to amplify your leadership and results by generating high-volume feedback
- How to safely and pragmatically use leadership invitations to get exponential growth in employee engagement and results
The INVITING LEADERSHIP Workshop is your learning event and your leadership-team road map for achieving genuine and lasting business agility.
What You Will Learn
- As a leader you understand how to reduce the consulting spend on your digital or agile transformation by as much as 70% by leveraging the power of employee engagement
- You know how to use the specific new tools from the Workshop to focus your group on higher performance
- You understand the power of invitation as a primary method of achieving higher levels of employee engagement as a leader
- You know how to design boundaries and constraints as part of the invitations issued from the leadership team, in service to clarity and great results
- You know how to use 3 specific measures to track your progress in the direction of higher performance
- You understand the key relationships by and between authority, power, invitation, employee engagement, and much higher organizational performance.
- You know how to begin actively working with your superiors, peers and direct reports to create much higher levels of organizational performance.
- As a decision-maker, you will
- Exit the Workshop with a dozen new and specific tools for effectively encouraging higher performance and engagement
- Have a detailed and tailored plan for creating higher performance in the organization
- Have access to 24 hours of consulting for 90 days AFTER The Workshop
- The 1-day learning event and all printed materials;
- A Level 1 certificate in the INVITING LEADERSHIP method based on the book of the same name. Your Level 1 certification includes your placement in the public listing of certificants, and also includes:
- The Kindle Edition of the INVITING LEADERSHIP book (the book is almost 400 pages);
- Thirty days of support by email with answers to all your questions, after the Workshop.