GET YOUR SYMPOSIUM AND MASTER CLASS TICKETS HERE
Speakers at the November 19 2019 Open Leadership Symposium in Berlin include:
MIKE BURROWS– Author of the books Agendshift and Right to Left, Mike is the formulator of the Agendashift engagement model and a noted authority in the domain of Open patterns and practices. Examine Mikes full bio here.
Mike’s session: AGENDASHIFT AND LEARNING THE LANGUAGE OF OUTCOMES
Agendashift is an Engagement Model based on Open principles and focused on outcomes and desired results. Agendashift is used to engage top executives and is used before you select your framework or approach. Agendashift focuses first on what you want– that is, on your desired outcomes.
In this session taken from the Discovery chapter of the Agendashift book, you’ll learn the language of outcomes. And how focus on those desired outcomes, to help make your org-change program quite literally “come alive.”
What You Will Learn
- Celebration-5W: A way to some create some business context for your enterprise-change planning activities
- True North: A way for diverse groups to prioritise high level obstacles to effective collaboration “across the organization and beyond”, inspired by Lean and Agile, expressed in plain language
- How to turn those obstacles into outcomes, in your own words
- Plan on a page: Organize those fragmentary outcomes into something coherent and compelling
CAITLIN WALKER– Noted authority on Clean Language and related protocols for fostering high-performance: in individuals, teams and organizations. Author of the book, From Contempt to Curiosity. Caitlin travels the world teaching the Clean Language protocols. Examine Caitlin’s full bio here.
Caitlin’s Session: CLEAN LANGUAGE FOR TEAMS AND ORGANIZATIONS
Clean Language is a communication protocol based on Open principles. The basic concept is to reflect back the language of the sender, to help determine exactly what it is that the sender means to communicate. Clean Language in a highly efficient, non-intrusive, opt-in communication protocol that is designed to encourage higher functioning in individuals, groups and organizations. Clean Language is gaining influence throughout the world as an effective tool for realizing enterprise-level improvement.
What You Will Learn:
- What is Clean Language? What is a Clean Question?
- How can I immediately put Clean Language to work, in pursuit of higher performance in my organization?
- How can I leverage Clean Language and Clean Questions to accelerate immediate improvement in my organization?
- What are the key outcomes from the use of Clean?
- What is the best way to socialize Clean Language across my organization?
NOTE: Caitlin is teaching the OLN Level 1 certification course CLEAN LANGUAGE FOR TEAMS AND ORGANIZATIONS following the Symposium, on Wednesday, November 20.
DANIEL MEZICK– Author of three books on organizational change (The Culture Game, The OpenSpace Agility Handbook and Inviting Leadership) and the formulator of the Open Space Agility engagement model. Examine Daniel’s full bio here.
Daniel’s session: USING INVITING LEADERSHIP TO ACHIEVE GENUINE BUSINESS AGILITY
Engaging employees is essential to achieving rapid and lasting change. And invitations from leaders are a primary way to engage your workforce. The challenge is in how to safely and pragmatically balance the use of delegation and invitation to achieve the desired outcomes.
The successful leaders of today are finding ways to engage the entire workforce and focus the attention of the whole enterprise on higher performance. These leaders are pivoting their style from delegation to invitation. Exactly how to do that is the focus of this session. If you are responsible for delivering on business agility through an agile or digital transformation, this is a session you do not want to miss. INVITING LEADERSHIP shows you how to do more with less.
What You Will Learn
- Learn the fundamental concepts and facilities of leadership invitation
- Understand the link between delegation, invitation, employee decision-making, and genuine business agility.
- Learn when to use delegation, invitation or a mix of the two approaches
- Know how to use leadership invitation to get exponential growth in employee engagement and results
NOTE: Co-author Mark Sheffield is teaching the Level 1 certification class in INVITING LEADERSHIP ahead of the conference, on Monday November 18.
MIRIAM SASSE holds a PhD in Organizational Psychology and is the co-author of two books on organizational development and enterprise change. Her books publish in German and English. Miriam is a Certified OpenSpace Agility Trainer. She currently works as an agile coach and transformation consultant at Bertelsmann SE & Co. KGaA / arvato Systems. You can examine Miriam’s full bio here.
Miriam’s session: The OpenSpace Agility Engagement Model
In this session, OpenSpace Agility (OSA) is introduced.
OSA is a safe, pragmatic and repeatable technique for getting a rapid and lasting Agile adoption. It works with the framework you are currently using, and OSA can be added at any time. OSA is being used worldwide to actively engage as many employees as possible and reduce the failure risk in your enterprise-change Agile program.
For executive leaders, OSA is a tool. It is an Employee Engagement Model, and A-B-C template, that operationalizes the core values of Lean, namely: respect for people, and continuous improvement.
For executives who are truly committed to these values, OSA represents a simple, effective and very efficient way forward.
With OpenSpace Agility, you can expect:
- A dramatic reduction in the coaching & training costs of implementing your Agile program
- A genuine, rapid and lasting Agile transformation
- A dramatic increase in employee engagement scores
- A dramatic increase in stakeholder satisfaction and potentially, genuine stakeholder delight
- Predictable, reliable, repeatable, EVIDENCE-BASED improvement in overall results
Using the OpenSpace Agility engagement model helps your overall approach succeed. If your Agile transformation needs improvement, this is your session.
Peter is an executive coach and Scrum trainer located in Berlin, Germany. He has co-delivered Scrum education with Scrum co-creator Jeff Sutherland over 30 times across Germany and the European Union. Within the Scrum Events network, Peter is a co-chair of SCRUM DAY, Germany’s oldest and largest Scrum conference with 500+ attending each year. Scrum Events established eduScrum Germany in 2016, where Peter is an active team member. eduScrum brings the Scrum framework to schools across Germany and the European Union.
Peter worked more than ten years as a stage actor and acting teacher and coach. He has trained hundreds of actors how to discover their most vibrant personality onstage. As an executive coach specializing in Scrum, Peter now helps other coaches to develop their presence and have more impact. See Peter’s full bio here.
Peter’s Session: REACHING AND TEACHING EXECUTIVE LEADERS
To counsel executives, they must first have confidence in you, and view you as a trusted adviser. Without this kind of relationship with executive leaders, all coaching is a “local optimization,” one that cannot and will not change the wider system. THIS session introduces you the essential and missing element to your coaching skills: acting like an executive coach.
To reach and connect with executives, you must be perceived as a knowledgeable, trusted adviser. Getting there is not simple, and involves study, preparation, execution and follow-through on a wide range of essential skills in verbal and non-verbal communication.
This session introduces and teaches those skills, and how to leverage these skills to reach and then teach executive decision-makers.
What You Will Learn
- You will understand many of the most important adjustments you need to make to work at the next level in organizations
- You’ll learn some tools and techniques for becoming perceived as a trusted adviser to highly authorized executives in organizations that are actively pursuing organizational change
- You will have a set of books and reference links for further study of acting, acting theory, and the psychology of executive leadership & executive coaching
NOTE: Peter is teaching the 1-Day Master Class ACTING LIKE AN EXECUTIVE COACH with Daniel Mezick, the day before the conference on Monday November 18.
MARAI KIELE is an expert on Open Space Technology. She has co-hosted, participated in, or facilitated over one hundred Open Space Technology events since 2003. Her professional experience with Open Space Technology spans several countries and cultures, including the USA, Germany, Sweden, Netherlands, Austria, Switzerland, and Canada. Her online Open Space events have held space for participants from over 25 countries since 2015. You can examine Marai’s full bio here.
Marai’s Session: TRANSFORMING YOUR TRANSFORMATION WITH OPEN SPACE TECHNOLOGY
Businesses of all kinds are coming to realize that self-management is what actually scales, and Open Space Technology is what actually delivers. Self-managed teams are essential in any organization that wants to become an Agile enterprise. Self-management across the enterprise leads to higher performance, much higher levels of employee engagement, and much more innovation.
Self-managed teams are essential in any organization that wants to become an Agile enterprise. And so the the key question becomes:
How can you as a leader quickly encourage and manifest more of the following?
- improved results and revenues
- lower expenses and costs
- more employee engagement,
- more innovation and
- much more business Agility?
Open Space Technology is the answer to this question. Much more than a meeting format, Open Space Technology has the power to transform your entire organization.
With Open Space, you will experience:
- A big increase in levels of employee engagement
- Real self-management that can actually scale across your entire enterprise
- Much more innovation — by creating the fertile conditions necessary for innovation to appear
In this session, Marai explains how to get started with Open Space in organizations.
NOTE: Marai is teaching the OLN Level 1 certification class OPEN SPACE IN ORGANIZATIONS the day after the Symposium, with Mark Sheffield, on Wednesday, November 20.
MARK SHEFFIELD is an Agile coach, certified trainer, and author of two books organizational change. He focuses on explaining and then implementing invitation, opt-in, and pull when coaching Agile to executives, teams and organizations. Mark has been training, coaching, and launching Agile teams since 2013 and has over 20 years’ experience developing software solutions.
In 2015 he co-authored The OpenSpace Agility Handbook, which describes an engagement model for leveraging invitation and Agile principles when implementing organizational change. See www.OpenSpaceAgility.com for more information.
In 2018 he co-authored Inviting Leadership, a tutorial and reference guide for making the shift from leadership delegation, to leadership invitation. See www.InvitingLeadership.com for more information.
You can examine Mark’s full bio here.
NOTE: Mark is facilitating the afternoon Open Space event of the Open Leadership Symposium. Mark is also teaching the OPEN SPACE IN ORGANIZATIONS Master Class with Marai Kiele on Monday, November 18 and the INVITING LEADERSHIP Master Class following the conference on Wednesday, November 20.
Learn more about the INVITING LEADERSHIP class here.
Learn more about the OPEN SPACE IN ORGANIZATIONS course here