The following are resources for studying and using the Patterns of Open Business Agility. We hope you enjoy these resources. Click through, or scroll down to view. The content includes:
- VIDEO: Executive Interview: An executive explains how 8 Open Space events rapidly delivered on the desired outcome: accelerated culture change leading to higher performance. Length: 2.5 minutes
- PODCAST: The JimRuttShow interview on Open patterns with Jim Rutt, current Trustee and former Chairman of the Santa Fe Institute of Complexity Science. Explains Open things in practical terms, with real-world stories, explanations, and insights. About 1 hour.
- VIDEO: Promise Theory Part 1: An explainer-video and primer on the deep code of the Open Patterns. Length: 10 minutes
- VIDEO: Promise Theory Part 2: A second explainer-video that goes into more detail on the deep code of the Open Patterns. Length: 10 minutes
- VIDEO: The 8 Patterns Explained: A conference-event recording of executive & Agile coach Stuart Turner on implementing the eight Patterns of Open Business Agility™. Length 40 minutes.
- VIDEO: Inviting Leadership and the 8 Patterns: A rapid 30-minute presentation from Daniel Mezick at the AGILE MAINE 2019 conference event. He quickly introduces inviting, followed by some of the key Open patterns, followed by a panel-type discussion moderated by both himself and Niels Pflaeging, who keynoted the conference event.
Nuance Corp Executive with 900 People Worldwide Explains the Power and Advantages of Leading with Open Patterns and Open Space Technology
Nuance Corp implement AI and speech recognition and technology is their product. Nuance executive Jacob O’Leary explains how he used whole-group Open Space Technology events to achieve his goals for a 900-person, worldwide engineering organization. In this video he explains how he used used 8 Open Space events, delivered across 5 continents, to identify the best ideas, build engagement, and align 900 globally distributed software engineers on values, goals and OKRs. 2 minutes long
Interview on Open Patterns with Jim Rutt of JimRuttShow.com
The interview on Open Patterns with Jim Rutt, a current Trustee and former Chairman of the Santa Fe Institute of Complexity Science. Explains Open things in practical terms, with real-world stories, explanations, and insights. About 1 hour.
Promise Theory PART 1
Promise Theory (PT) makes some important assertions about human agency. PT calls assigned promises impositions. From Mark Burgess. This short video on PT explains how the Open patterns actually work, and provides an underlying theory when you are trying to design collaboration systems that can actually scale:
Promise Theory PART 2
In Part 2 of Promise Theory, Burgess further explains the difference between promises and commitments and introduces the role of your prior promises with respect to the promises you might make today. He goes deep on delegation in this video. It’s all very interesting! NOTE: You’ll want to be sure examine Part 1 before watching this one:
The Eight Open Patterns of Business Agility: Applied to Scrum
In this video Stuart Turner, Scrum Trainer and OLN Advisory Board member, discusses the 8 Open patterns within the context of a Scrum implementation. He delivered this great teaching on the patterns at the Give Thanks for Scrum 2020 Conference event. It’s about 45 minutes long. Enjoy !
Inviting Leadership and the Supporting 8 Patterns
Here is a rapid 30-minute presentation from Daniel Mezick at the AGILE MAINE 2019 event. He quickly introduces some of the key Open patterns, followed by a panel-type discussion moderated by both himself and Niels Pflaeging, who keynoted the conference event.