The following are resources for studying and using the Patterns of Open Business Agility to implement Invitation-Based Change™. We hope you enjoy these resources. The content includes:
- Executive Testimonials
- Podcasts & Tutorials
- Tutorial Videos
- Other Videos
EXECUTIVE TESTIMONIAL VIDEOS:
- VIDEO: Executive Testimonial Interview: BENDIX Corporation. An executive from the 1.5-billion-dollar Bendix Corporation explains the incredible power of Invitation-Based Change™ and the Open approach to enterprise-wide Agile transformation. Length: 5 mins
- VIDEO: Executive Testimonial Interview: DATEV Worldwide. The Chief Operating Officer of 8000-employee Germany-based organization DATEV explains the power of Open patterns and OpenSpace Agility for enterprise-wide Agile transformation. Length: 4 mins
- VIDEO: Executive Testimonial Interview: NUANCE Corporation. An executive from the public company NUANCE explains how 8 Open Space events rapidly delivered on the desired outcome: accelerated culture change leading to higher performance in the 900-person Global Engineering division. Length: 2.5 minutes
- VIDEO: Executive Testimonial Interview: PROCORE Technologies. A former executive of Procore Technologies describes the transformative power of Whole-Group Process, Open Space, Open patterns and Invitation-Based Change™. Length: 15 mins
- VIDEO: Executive Testimonial Interview: INTUIT Corporation. An executive from public company INTUIT explains how Invitation-Based Change™ and Open patterns transformed the leadership team and then the entire operation of a 180-person division of INTUIT. Length: 15 minutes.
- VIDEO: Executive Testimonial Interview: The former CIO of the American Association of Composers, Authors & Publishers (ASCAP) explains how he bet it all on Open patterns, anc achieved an award-winning transformation of the software system the entire business depended on. Length: about 17 mins
- VIDEO: Executive Testimonial Interview: BNP Paribas. BNP Paribas is an international banking giant. Executive Jan Van Dravik explains how he used Invitation-Based Change to radically transform the BNP Paribas engineering function to produce new and strategic business information systems.
- VIDEO: Executive Testimonial Interview: TATA CONSULTING SERVICES. TCS is a global consultancy with over 500,000 employees. In this interview executive Apala Mukherjee explains how TCS is using Open Space and Invitation-Based Change™ to improve the services that TCS delivers. Length: about 17 mins
- VIDEO: Executive Testimonial Interview: VINH DUC REAL Real Estate (of Vietnam). Ms. Huynh Thuy Hang, CEO, VINH DUC REAL explains the extremely positive business results she achieved using Open Space, Open patterns and Invitation-Based Change™. Length: about 15 mins
Nuance Corp Executive with 900 People Worldwide Explains the Power and Advantages of Leading with Open Patterns and Open Space Technology
Nuance Corp implements AI and speech recognition and technology is their product. Nuance executive Jacob O’Leary explains how he used whole-group Open Space Technology events to achieve his goals for a 900-person, worldwide engineering organization. In this video he explains how he used used 8 Open Space events, delivered across 5 continents, to identify the best ideas, build engagement, and align 900 globally distributed software engineers on values, goals and OKRs. Length: less than minutes long
Bendix Executive Explains the Incredible Power Invitation-Based Change™
Bendix has 4100 employees and generates 1.5 billion in revenue annually. In this video, executive Eddie Wilkinson, VP Agile PMO Vice President at Bendix Commercial Vehicle Systems, explains how Inviting Leadership and Invitation-Based Change™ is driving undeniable success in enterprise Agile transformation across the Commercial Vehicle Systems Division. Eddie discusses how improved employee engagement is from this approach is driving the following outcomes. Length: About 5 minutes.
- Improved Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Achievement of 90-day OKRs (Objectives and Key Results)
- Improved employee morale and employee engagement in the change
Executive from INTUIT Describes the Power of Invitation-Based Change™
An executive from public company INTUIT explains how Open patterns and OpenSpace Agility transformed the leadership team and then the entire operation of a 180-person division of INTUIT. Topics include a detailed description of executive-team experience with Kanban and Scrum for leadership work, including a monthly company-wide demo and Sprint Review by the executive leadership team. Length: About 15 minutes.
Executive Heidi Helfand describes the great outcomes that are generated by Open Patterns, Whole-Group Process & Invitation-Based Change™
Executive Heidi Helfand discusses how she designed and delivered a 350++ person event spanning 3 days, with intent to set the stage for effectively handling tremendous company growth. She gives specific advice, based on experience, about exactly what is required of executive leaders when they want the great results that are possible with Invitation-Based Change and the Whole-Group Process pattern. She ends the interview with a prediction of what the new world of work is going to look like from an executive leadership point of view. Length: about 15 minutes.
DATEV Chief Operating Officer and Chief Human Resources Officer Julia Bangerth describes how Invitation-Based Change™ is Transforming the Company
DATEV is a 8000-employee software vendor and service organization headquartered in Nuremberg, Germany. COO and CHOO of DATEV Julia Bangerth explains how Open patterns and Invitation-Based Change are rapidly transforming the company as they transition to becoming a cloud-based software vendor that focuses 100% on the customer.
Executive Testimonial: Award-Winning Success through Open Patterns and Invitation-Based Change™
CIO Mark Katz describes how he achieved genuine success with transformational change while under very tight budget constraints and time deadlines. Using OpenSpace Agility as the engagement model and Scrum as the process framework resulted in his company winning the coveted CIO100 award that year, the award that recognizes and honors the 100 very best I.T. transformations in the world. Length: about 17 mins
Executive Testimonial: Banking Giant BNP Paribas and Paris consultancy BENEXT team up to transform BNP Engineering by using Invitation-Based Change™
Executive Jan Van Dravik and BENEXT Chief Executive Officer Pablo Pernot explain how they used Invitation-Based Change to dramatically improve the engineering function at BNP Paribas, as they delivered a mission-critical business information system.
Executive Testimonial: Tata Consulting Services (TCS) executive describes how Open Space, Inviting Vision™ and Invitation-Based Change™ are generating results at TCS
Executive Apala Mukherjee explains how TCS is leveraging Open patterns and Invitation-Based Change™ to radically improve.
Executive Testimonial: Vietnamese Real Estate Company Rapidly Transforms using Open Patterns & Invitation-Based Change™
Ms. Huynh Thuy Hang, CEO, VINH DUC REAL explains the extremely positive business results she achieved using Open Space, Open patterns and Invitation-Based Change
PODCASTS AND INTERVIEWS:
- PODCAST: The JimRuttShow interview on Open patterns with Jim Rutt, current Trustee and former Chairman of the Santa Fe Institute of Complexity Science. Explains Open patterns in practical terms, with real-world stories, explanations, and insights. About 1 hour.
- PODCAST: The Coaching Conversation. A great explanation of Invitation-Based Change™, Open patterns, and Open Business Agility. 1 hour.
- PODCAST: Agile Uprising. A clear explanation of OpenSpace Agility, an engagement model used to reduce risk by generating tremendous employee energy and employee engagement in your Agile-change program. 1 hour.
- PODCAST: Agile Atelier. A discussion of Invitation-Based Change™ and the essential nature of employee engagement in enterprise change programs. 1 hour
- PODCAST: The Conversation Factory. An interview explaining how executive leadership teams who focus on employee-experience design get the best results. And how leadership of a change initiative is in large part an exercise in…game design.
- PODCAST: Dare Real Agile. An interview and conversation on Open patterns, Invitation-Based Change, the Agile Industrial Complex and more. Total time: 1 hour.
- VIDEO: Promise Theory Part 1: An explainer-video and primer on the deep code of the Open Patterns. Length: 10 minutes
- VIDEO: Promise Theory Part 2: A second explainer-video that goes into more detail on the deep code of the Open Patterns. Length: 10 minutes
- VIDEO: The 8 Patterns Explained: A conference-event recording of executive & Agile coach Stuart Turner on implementing the eight Patterns of Open Business Agility™. Length 40 minutes.
- VIDEO: Inviting Leadership and the 8 Patterns: A rapid 30-minute presentation from Daniel Mezick at the AGILE MAINE 2019 conference event. He quickly introduces inviting, followed by some of the key Open patterns, followed by a panel-type discussion moderated by both himself and Niels Pflaeging, who keynoted the conference event.
VIDEO: Make Meetings Optional. A quick discussion by and between Robert Richman and Mark McGerkow on the wisdom and usefulness of making most meetings optional for most participants, most of the time. And why. 2 minutes long.